Version 2.5 concludes a series of radical changes that we had started since version 2.4 in terms of plugin security. Also following a strict revision to follow the standards of WordPress coding development. Its update is highly recommended but it is also recommended to test it on development servers before moving it to production websites.
We have completely removed the use of cURL and own functions in favor of WordPress file processing and functions to obtain remote files.
We removed HTML entity decode from each post before inserted. You can activate the function again on Settings.
NOTE: We had to change the url of the external CRON. Take a look at the “Settings” if your campaigns are freezed.
Thanks to all the contributors for their collaborations and to the moderators of WordPress Plugins for their revisions and for pointing us in the right direction on several issues.
- We have completely removed the use of cURL and own functions in favor of WordPress file processing and functions to obtain remote files.
- We removed HTML entity decode contents by default before insert each post. You can activate the function again on Settings.
- Fixes the loss of manually entered tags in the campaign when processing categories.
Recent (may break) changes:
- Added an option in Settings to make HTML entity decode to the post contents before inserted to avoid possible xss from untrusted feed sources. Users who need (and want), can activate it from there. Props to @nibiwodong.
- The removed cURL in many functions could work a bit different for some servers. You should take a look if the images uploads are working well and if not, you can select the Custom Uploads option in Settings.
- The external URL of CRON has changed since the previous version. If your campaigns have been freezed for some time, it is because the Cron is not running. Check out the settings for the new URL.
- Enlarges the version required for the Professional addon to 2.4
As an additional note and with great joy we have redesigned many pages and graphic styles of the website to better show the most important features of the WPeMatico (because it is almost impossible to list all the functions it has).
We will continue step by step improving and adding pages and articles on the site for clearer navigation and information for the users and customers.
Our Frequently Asked Questions, personalized support and plugin extensions are still offered in our official Store at https://etruel.com where in addition to the WPeMatico extensions you can find other interesting products.
Very important! From today until the end of December with a 25% discount on all new products! Discount Code: JES2019